TV Aerial Retune Event – Digital Switchover Crystal Palace April 4 2012
Today is stage one of Digital Switchover for the Crystal Palace group of transmitters. If your TV Aerial and TV set aren’t freeview ready then today is the day you will loose BBC2!
During stage one of the digital switchover analogue BBC2 will be turned off. The power used to transmit digital Freeview TV Aerial services will also be increased so that people who use relay transmitters will now be able to receive a more reliable signal. Relay transmitters for the Crystal palace group of transmitters were until today broadcasting all analogue channels and some freeview channels. From today they will be broadcasting all analogue channels except BBC2, plus increasing the power for some digital Freeview TV Aerial services.
People who still haven’t switched to digital freeview TV will lose their BBC2 today. The exact time will depend upon which transmitter you receive your TV Aerial signals from.
Throughout the day different transmitters will complete stage one of digital switchover. As well as BBC2 Analogue switching off, on certain transmitters analogue ITV1 and BBC will move places. Please see below for the exact timings of digital switchover for your transmitter and to see if your analogue channels will be moving around.
Digital Freeivew TV Switchover Stage One – Approx Completion Times
- 6am – Crystal Palace, Biggin Hill, Biggin Hill Link, Kensal Town, Bishops Stortford, Cane Hill, Caterham, Chesham, Edmonton, Gravesend, Great Missenden, Guildford, Hammersmith, Hampstead Heath, Croydon Old Town, Hemel Hempstead, West Wycombe, Hertford, High Wycombe, Hughenden, Kenley, Marlow Bottom, Micklefield, Mickleham, New Barnet, Orpington, Otford, Reigate, St Albans, Sutton HP/VP, Walthamstow North, Welwyn, Worlds End
- 9am – Chepping Wycombe, Farningham, Finchley, Forest Row, Hemel Hempstead Town, Henley, Wonersh, Woolwich
- 11am – Chingford, New Addington
- 12pm – Assendon, Dorking HP/VP, East Grinstead, Wooburn
- 1pm – Alexandra Palace, Poplar
- 2pm – Lea Bridge, Old Coulsdon
- 3pm – Skirmett
- 4pm – Greenwich
Once Digital switchover stage one has happened in your area you will need to:
- Retune your Analogue TV set if this is what you use as certain analogue channels will be moving places.
- Retune your Digital Freeview TV Set or Set Top Box. This includes BT, Freeview, DVB, Freeview HD and Top up TV set top boxes and integrated TV sets.
Stage 2 of digital switchover will occur in exactly 2 weeks time on the 18th April. At this stage all analogue TV Aerial services will be switched off and only Freeview Digital TV Aerial services will remain. Stay tuned for more info on the upcoming TV Aerial changes in your area.